Book Review: Behind Closed Doors


My Rating: 5

It has been quite awhile since I’ve read such a shocking psychological thriller. To say that this book surprised me would be an understatement.

Behind Closed Doors is about Grace and Jack- the perfect married couple. They throw lavish dinner parties with exquisite meals in their stunning home, and are the main source of jealousy for other couples that admire them. Jack is a successful lawyer and Grace is his loving wife… or so it seems.

All is good with the couple to the outside world, but behind closed doors, things are nowhere near what they seem. The couple has many dark secrets, and their entire outward appearance is a lie.

I literally cannot tell you anything else about the context of this book, as I want you to be just as surprised by it all as I was. Each chapter alternates between past and present, so you begin to understand everything that happened to get to the current moment. The amount of planning and forethought this book required of the author was simply amazing, and I couldn’t even begin to guess how it was going to end. When it does, however, I promise you will have such an extreme book hangover, that you won’t know what to do with yourself.

Overall, Behind Closed Doors was worth every second of hype it has received since its release. It was so dark and twisted, yet completely believable, and it had you trying to figure it out until the final sentence. I loved how it ended and it made me instantly want to pick it up and begin again. If you decide to check it out, just remember, you never truly know what happens Behind Closed Doors…

-Busy Brunette

Labels: ,